Waste management curricula develompent in partnership with public and private sector
Obecná forma (normální záznam)
Erasmus - IP
As presented in the previous sections, we have assembled the WaMPPP consortium and prepared the WaMPPP project in order to respond to the urgently needed capacity build-up for the growing waste management (WM) industry. This aspect of environment protection is at a low level and the WM experts are scarce. Serbian HE needs to respond and educate/train young people for the sector that will significantly grow as Serbia, candidate for EU, needs to fulfill Chapter 27 requirements. We expect that jobs for such graduates will be plentiful.
In this process we will also strengthen our Schools and build capacities of vocational HE Schools in WM, thus further improving our position as educators, training providers and consultancy experts.
Additionally, we wish to contribute to the increase in awareness on WM and other environment protection issues. Also, we will try to help in pointing out the posibilities of the environment sector for job creation and self-employment.
Accordingly, the project is prepared with two aims:
1. to enhance education and training of current and future workforce in Serbia in the field of WM, thus contributing to capacities of both vocational HE and the growing WM industry
2. to raise the awareness in society about the importance of the overall WM process and its possibilities in the development of society and reduction of poverty.
Specific objectives of project are:
- to develop modern curricula and syllabi, based on real needs for a competent workforce in the WM sector.
- to develop or enhance teaching material in the field of WM for new curricula and modules in both Bachelor and postgraduate study programmes.
- to create opportunities for continuous professional development of employees in the budding WM sector, through realization of relevant training courses.
- to improve cooperation between project partners in order to modernize teaching and training processes on novel technical and technological solutions, exploiting the application of ICT.
- to create a sustainable model of students’ industrial placement through partnerships with business entities.
- to conduct campaigns targeted at several levels of society (general, deprived, unemployed), in order to inform on problems of waste generation and opportunities in the WM, industry sector that must grow in Serbia.
If succesfull, this project will contribute to improvements on many diverse issues, such as:
- sistematically and educated WM graduates will be provided to the labour market,
- companies in the WM field, but also those generating possibly hazardous waste, will be able to hire suitable staff,
- existing employees will have an acces to structured training and/or modern training materials (ICT platform and WM Network database),
- partners P1 to P5 will strengthen: expand the portfolio of offered study programmes, boost the enrolment numbers, improve the staff expertise, expand the lab capacities and hopefully increase income via training/consultancy services outside the Consortium.
- introduction of several novel bi-directional features and benefits in the HE-industry collaboration,outlined in section E.4.
- increasing the awareness on not only Serbian problem of generating too much waste, but also on the imminent growth of the WM sector and consequent job creation possibilities.