About study programme
Students are deeply familiar with the issue of the impact of modern industrial and energy technologies on the environment, industrial waste treatment, machinery and equipment for environmental engineering, renewable energy, environmental monitoring, protection of water resources, optimizing energy plant after the joint science and engineering basis .
In the study, emphasis is placed on sustainable community development, minimizing the use of non-organic sources of energy and maximizing environmental protection. A significant part of the study is the application of knowledge related legislation.
Students can continue their studies in master study program "Mechanical Engineering" in "Power Machines and Equipment".
Unlike students attending the same course at other, non-technical faculties, the graduate thanks to the technical knowledge applied in the engineering department, where as operational and supervisory personnel in the services development and environmental protection in all types of industrial, chemical and energy companies, organizations involved to waste management, monitoring and evaluation of the environmental situation. But also find application in the departments of government as an inspector in the state authorities. Graduates can continue their study of two-year Master degree program "Power machines and equipments" one of the following focus:
"Heat energy equipment and industrial power“,
"Alternative Energy Technology and Environment",
"The construction of steam boilers and heating equipment" and
“Nuclear energy facilities".
The study of this field is focused on the impact of industry on the environment, industrial waste treatment issues, learns about the functions of machines and equipment for environmental engineering, with ways to use renewable energy sources, monitoring of the environment, with the biosphere protection methods, protection of water resources. Furthermore, an understanding of the departmental legislation (Air Protection Act) and optimizing the operation of power equipment. The study is also focused on the design of buildings and machinery in terms of their function in living and working environments, and adjustments to the environment through technical devices - separating equipment, ventilation and air conditioning, heating sources, devices for noise reduction, etc. It also deals with the wastewater cleaning, water and waste management.
Technical knowledge of a graduate is specialized in the area of the external environment and also with internal environmental issues. From the external environmental point of view, it deals with the basics of air protection, water protection and the basics of waste management. Emphasis is mostly placed on optimally reducing the negative affects of power engineering, because it is one of the main sources of ecological load on the environment. From the internal environmental point of view, it mostly deals with modifying the working environment to a suitable level using sanitary, technological and economical criteria. In any case, it deals with designing equipment by altering technological processes and also in the design of suitable mechanical equipment for protecting or altering the environment.
Graduates are able to reliably apply its technical expertise and understanding in the specialized field to solve complex and unpredictable problems professional approach, using innovative methods, tools, and supporting arguments.
Graduate's general competence
Graduates are able to:
- Is approached creatively and aggressively to work;
- Decisions using interpretation of relevant data in the unstable unpredictable work or study contexts;
- Manage complex professional or professional activities or projects, including planning , implementation and feedback , to take responsibility for all related decision-making;
- Effectively operate under the direction of or in partnership with qualified experts and lead complex and diverse groups ;
- Formulate and present their own views, reflecting the views of other members of the group ; clearly communicate information , ideas, problems and solutions to both specialist and non-specialists using a variety of techniques;
- Use knowledge and skills in at least one foreign language;
- Use basic skills in information and communication technologies
- Consistently evaluate their own learning and identify their own learning needs in an unknown and changing environments requiring a high degree of autonomy;
- Able to assist others in finding educational needs.